Discord is one of the best platforms for audio and video communication between users. The Discord app has become so popular with millions of users around the world.
We all know that Discord can be installed on PC and other platforms. But can we use Discord on PS4 consoles? In this article we will help you set up Discord on your PlayStation 4 so that you can talk to your friends on Discord while playing your favorite games on PlayStation 4.
Setting up Discord on PlayStation 4
The Discord app is not compatible with the PlayStation 4 console. Many Discordians around the world are submitting requests on the official Discord Support page, asking developers to make the PS4 version of the app.
There is still a way to use Discord on your PlayStation 4. This might take longer to set up, but it will be worth it.
So, if you want Discord on PlayStation 4, you need an headset that has an optical cable and support for USB connection. Also need a mixing amplifier or similar device to switch audio between your PC and PS4.
Once you have purchased all the necessary items, it is time to configure everything. Let’s start by connecting your PS4 console with your mixamp. Here is everything you need to do.
- Turn on your PlayStation 4 console.
- Connect one side of the optical cable to your PlayStation 4 and the other to the back of your mix. Make sure mixamp is configured in Console mode. Your headphones will be assigned as a USB device and receive a message on the screen notifying you of this.
- Navigate to PlayStation 4 settings.
- Scroll down and select the Sound & Display option.
- Select Audio Out Settings.
- Select digital output port and change it to optical. Also, select the Dolby 5.1 channel.
- Then select Audio Format and choose Bitstream (Dolby).
- Return to the Initial Setup screen and select Devices.
- Open audio devices.
- Make sure Headphone Out is set to Audio Chat.
Now Connect everything to PC
- Turn on your computer.
- Connect one side of your USB cable to your mixing amp and the other to your PC. Make sure your mix amp is now in PC mode.
- Open the Discord application on your computer.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select the Voice option.
- In the Input device section, select the headset you are using.
- Leave the Output Device set to Default.
- Click finish.
Follow the steps accordingly, and play your favorite PlayStation 4 games using Discord. It may take few minutes to complete the setup process, but it is still worth it.