In this article, we will discuss what exactly Time Tracking Apps and Shared Sheets are and the benefits of using them.
The best way to ensure your people are motivated to do their best is by helping them track their time. It’s up to you to choose whether you use time tracking apps or Shared Sheet.
Time Tracking Apps
This is the easiest and most comfortable way to track your time. With handwritten notes, it’s hard for a manager to verify or even count the number of hours you’ve spent working on a particular assignment. Not to mention that unintentional mistakes often happen when you’re writing in a rush.
On the other hand, time tracking apps are very convenient as all you have to do is to turn on the app when you start working and turn it off. The majority of these apps have features such as reports and other useful statistics, so you won’t have to calculate a thing.
Below, you can see some of the benefits of having a time tracking app:
- You will have more time to focus on your actual assignments instead of thinking about time management.
- Reports help you understand which projects take the most of your time.
- You can see in which part of the day you are most and least productive with statistical data.
Some companies choose to create a sheet with all of their projects and ask every employee to insert the time they spend working on each project every day. This approach is most popular with agencies as they are working on several projects at once and the majority of employees is working on the same projects.
You can use Google Drive to share this sheet and track each time someone inputs their time in it. Also, you can create alerts when the deadline is approaching by determining a specific color that will imply that something is of higher priority for your team.
Here are a few useful tips when creating a shared sheet:
- Send instructions to all of your employees, especially the new ones.
- If you’re going to use colors and assign them different statuses, provide a legend within the sheet.
- Determine the deadline when all of the hours need to be added to the sheet.
All of the above-mentioned methods will be a good way to track your employee time. The only thing you should never do is to ignore the importance of time management in your company.
It might seem like something you can neglect at first, but once your business starts to suffer, this will be your biggest reason why!