The domain name is defined as the address that users enter into their browser’s URL bar to view your website.
What exactly is a.CC domain?
.CC is the top-level geographic domain (ccTLD) for Australia’s Cocos (Keeling) Islands. Because it relates to a little-known location of the world, the cc domain is not so popular.
The Cocos Islands is an Australian external territory in the Indian Ocean. Australia is a coral island complex made up of two atolls and 27 coral islands.
- The truth is that Cocos Islands are small, with a population of less than 2,000 people and a small territorial space.
- However, it has its own domain because it has a large number of tourists and is frequently used for this purpose.
- However, the cc domain should be used with caution because it can lead to confusion.
There is one important feature regarding the cc domain. The truth is that it frequently causes confusion because it is very similar to trading firm (cc).
- Because it is, after all, a country’s domain, it is something that cannot be considered at all times. When people utilize it for a different purpose, they cannot position it in other countries.
- It is important to highlight that the cc domain should not be confused with the.com domain. It is not a valuable domain for business purposes. It is neither neutral nor international in nature. In this scenario, Google and other search engines make no exceptions.
Whoever uses this domain will only be able to use it in the aforementioned insular zone and will not be able to use it in other parts of the world. As a result, we must be extremely vigilant and avoid misusing it.
Pros and Cons of .CC domain:
- CC domains are really useful.
- They are brief and easy to remember.
- The cost of a CC domain is low.
- Country code in general CC domains is also known as top-level domains (gccTLDs).
- CC domains are less popular than popular gTLDs.
- It’s still not a .COM domain.
- As a country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the Cocos (Keeling) Islands, it is bound by the ruling authority of the region or country.