We all know that marketing refers to the process of promoting and selling a company’s products and services using various techniques.
There are so many marketing techniques that are used by various businesses nowadays. They are content marketing, video marketing, digital marketing, social media marketing, outbound marketing, and more.
Inbound marketing is also a type of marketing. Inbound marketing helps a company to attract customers by utilizing other forms of marketing such as content, blogs, SEO, etc.
In this blog, we are going to discuss what is inbound marketing, its benefits, how to perform inbound marketing, etc and you can also get marketing assignment help.
Inbound Marketing- An Overview
InInbound marketing is a marketing strategy to promote products and services only for the potential customers and visitors rather than forcing it on people who don’t need it. This type of marketing utilizes content, social media, search engine optimization (SEO) to grab people’s attention towards their brand.
A successful inbound marketing strategy or campaign increases the reach of a brand and produces quality traffic by turning the strangers into customers and also the best promoters of the products.
Inbound marketing helps the organization grow by building customer relationships and retaining them for a longer period. Inbound marketing involves three steps:
- Attracting the customers by creating and publishing content for the targeted audience. Videos, blogs, social media, ads, content strategies can be used for attracting customers.
- Engaging by communicating with the customers and building long-term relationships. Email marketing, lead management, conversational bots, lead flows, etc. can be used for engaging customers.
- Making the customer feel delighted by ensuring whether the customers are satisfied with the purchase and assisting them whenever needed. Email marketing, marketing automation, conversation inbox, and smart content can be used as delighting tools.
Inbound Marketing Examples
- Video guides on ‘how-to’ topics, blogs, webinars, case studies related to the product information.
- Performing social media marketing campaigns by user-generated content such as photography competitions.
- Blogging and creating content that focuses on the targeted audience.
What Is The Difference Between Inbound And Outbound Marketing?
As we know, marketing means promoting the business. But what exactly makes inbound marketing differ from outbound marketing?
Inbound marketing is where you focus on drawing customers who are relevant and attracting them. Whereas, outbound marketing is simply forcing a business offering to a large audience.
Inbound marketing makes use of the owned media of the business such as websites, blogs, social media profiles, youtube channels, etc, and also the earned media such as newspapers, magazines, campaign hashtags on other social media profiles, online forums, online reviews, and more.
Outbound marketing uses the paid media such as offline advertising, paid emails, advertising on Facebook, etc.
In inbound marketing, the messages conveyed are tailored to a specific or targeted audience whereas in outbound marketing the messages are displayed to millions of customers every day.
Inbound marketing makes use of an interactive way of communication with the customers but outbound marketing uses one-way communication with the audience.
In simple words, inbound marketing pulls only the customers who are interested in the business or products, and the outbound marketing forces or pushes the message to everyone.
Advantages Of Inbound Marketing
There are so many benefits of using inbound marketing to promote your business. They are
- Inbound marketing aims for long-term sustainability. Campaigns used for inbound marketing such as content, email, forms, etc will always be available and will not expire, unlike outbound campaigns.
- One of the main advantages of inbound marketing is its capability for business and marketing lead generation. Inbound marketing focuses on the targeted audience and prompts them to perform an action and learn more about the business and the services provided.
- Inbound marketing promotes brand position. As inbound marketing offers solutions for a particular problem of the customers, it helps in enhancing the brand position.
- Inbound marketing helps a business for increasing the trust of the customers. Since trust is the main thing to run every business successful, inbound marketing helps in gaining the trust of the visitors without actually pushing the marketing material to them.
- As inbound marketing makes use of two-way communication, it helps in increasing trust and builds a long-term relationship with customers.
- Inbound marketing is very cheap and cost-effective. All you need is a website and blog to promote your brand. If you want to conduct an inbound marketing campaign using an automation platform, it may costs higher but it won’t be as expensive as the traditional campaigns.
- Inbound marketing involves constant content creation and needs to be constantly engaged with the customers and thereby increasing the visibility of the products and services.
How To Plan An Effective Inbound Marketing Program?
If you invest more in inbound marketing, you are more likely to get ROI. Rather than spending huge money, creating impressive content speaks a lot when it comes to inbound marketing.
You can’t simply spend money for getting excellent content, you have to work on it. Here are some guidelines on how to perform an inbound marketing program.
- Targeted audience search: First, identify and get to know your targeted audience. You cannot produce relevant content without knowing who your audience is.
- Providing content: Customers will more likely to raise questions at every stage of the purchasing journey. Be always ready to answer their queries. Produce content that attracts new customers and also retains the existing customers. Feed your customers with engaging content throughout the entire journey of the purchase.
- Delivery platform: Valuable content always turns visitors into potential customers for your business. There are many platforms available nowadays to keep yourself engaged with your customers. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest are some of the most popular platforms available nowadays. Choosing the right platform based on your customers and the products and services you offer will help in increasing the customer base.
- Content calendar: Make a proper schedule to constantly have a touch with your customers. Try to be consistent in delivering content to keep your audience engaged with your products.
- Optimize: Measure the success of your campaign by choosing a metric and look for the ways that can optimize the current strategy and make necessary improvements.
This blog provides the necessary guidelines for effectively starting an inbound marketing strategy. These are commonly used practices and methods for successfully running inbound marketing campaigns.
You can follow these guidelines properly to start your journey in inbound marketing successfully. You can also be creative in implementing the strategies according to your interests.